- Miriam Hänni (2011 - 2015), now at the University of Konstanz
"The Quality of Representation in Plural Societies. An analysis of the causes and consequences of policy responsiveness towards ethnic minorities"
- Karima Bousbah (2011 - 2016)
- Lea Heyne (2013-2017)
“Support for which kind of democracy? What European citizens want from their democracies, and why they are (dis)satisfied”
Ongoing PhD projects
- Sophia Limpach
Working title: Aid Modalities and Accountability Relationships: The Impact of Different Types of World Bank and IMF Programs on Democratization in Developing Countries.
- Livia Rohrbach (2016-)
Working title: Territorial Self-Government in Multi-Ethnic States: How to Avoid Violent Conflict and Disintegration
Second reader (member of PhD committee)
Completed PhD projects
Member of the dissertation committee of:
- Dr. Ulrike G. Theuerkauf, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2012 - Title "Ethno-Embedded Institutionalism: The Impact of Institutional Repertoires on Ethnic Violence"
- Dr. Edina Szöcsik, ETH Zurich, 2012 - "Ethnic Minority Parties in Competition"
- Dr. Rasmus Fonnesbæk Andersen, University of Copenhagen, 2017 - “Culture and Institutions: Studying Subnational Regimes, Immigrants and Moving Borders”
- Dr. Dušan Vučićević, University of Belgrade, 2017 - "Političke Posledice Mešovitih Izbornih Sistema"
Supervision of MA students
First contact: please send me your proposed topic, information about relevant courses, which you attended (topic-wise, and methodology), and your first ideas of methods you want to work with. Enrol here for an office hour.
Completed MA theses
- Palmo Brunner, "Protesting electoral faҫades. Contention as a way toward more electoral quality in non-democratic regimes" (defended June 2016)
- Lisa Greminger, "Combining political and economic power sharing for sustainable peace" (defended June 2016)
- Alexander Heimgartner, "The Wrong Oil in the Democratic Gearbox? The Perverse Effects of Abundant Natural Resources on Democratic Institutions, Values and Civil Liberties" (defended June 2016)
- Valentina Petrović, "A Structuralist Perspective on the Nature of the Regime in the MENA Region" (defended June 2016)
- Livia Rohrbach, “Formal and informal territorial power sharing arrangements – an impediment to peace?” (defended June 2016)
- Nicole Kaiser, "Non-electoral political participation of immigrants" (defended in July 2013)
- Aleksandra Hiltmann, "The impact of political and social inclusion on the quality of refugee and IDP return in Bosnia and Herzegovina" (defended June 2015)
- Andreas Juon, "Post-Conflict Power-Sharing and Democracy: Short-Term 'Cure' with Long-Term 'Side Effects'? (defended September 2015)
- Qendresa Hoxha, "Power-Sharing als Konfliktmanagement" (defended June 2015)
- Nathalie Faoro, "Political Attitudes of Immigrants" (defended April 2015)
- Isabelle Piccand, "Roma-Diskriminierung und politische Partizipation - zwischen 'Mobilisierung' und 'Aktivierung' in den postkommunistischen Ländern" (defended September 2014)
- Rui Biagini, "Die Repräsentation ethnischer Minderheiten in vergleichender Perspektive" (defended September 2014)
- Claudia Gabi, „Proteste in der arabischen Welt “ (defended in June 2013)
- Isabelle Jost „The normative commitment to democracy in Mexico – influences and effects“ (defended in June 2013)
- Gorančo Pandurski, "Power-sharing in Mazedonien – Probleme und Chancen" (defended in March 2013)
- Amanda Salamina, „Bedeutungslose Wahlen in Pendlergemeinden? Eine empirische Untersuchung der Mobilität und Wahlbeteiligung in Schweizer Gemeinden “ (defended in June 2013)
- Michael Schlatter, "The Russian Role in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict: Building Peace or Preserving the Status Quo?" (defended in September 2016)
- Philipp Schüepp, "The Economy of Hybrid Systems. The Influence of Politics on the Economy of Countries between Democracy and Autocracy" (defended in June 2013)
- Sibel Opuz: "Der Einfluss der Kin States auf die Toleranz von Minderheiten" (defended in June 2014)
- Sebastian Fust, „Klientelismus in der Lateinamerikanischen Parteienlandschaft. Beweggründe für eine klientelistische Mobilisierung“ (defended in June 2014)
|Last update: 15 December 2017|